We understand bloggers and social media experts have many conferences they can consider attending. There are general blogging conferences like Blog World (now the New Media Expo). There are tons of social media conferences – just type the phrase into Google. And there are now probably hundreds of niche-specific blogging conferences, covering everything from wine and beer (we run those) to pet bloggers.
So here are five reasons why you, if you are involved with blogging or social media in the fitness and health industries, should sign up to participate in FitSocial – the Fitness & Health Social Media Conference.
1. The price is unbeatable. The conference costs only $295 for attendees and only $95 if you are an active blogger who plans to cover the conference. What other conference gets you two dinners, activities, and content for only $95?
2. We include world-class science-based content. Not many conferences combine blogging, social media, and cutting-edge fitness and health information. Dr. James Hill, a world-leading authority, hardly gives a presentation. He just communicates with the audience, answering anything and everything you want to know about the science of diet and exercise. We also have talks on Alternative Medicine, Physical Fitness, and Healthy Cooking led by staff of The Anschutz Center at the University of Colorado.
3. We use professional experts for the social media presentations. We know all about having bloggers teach to bloggers and we think there is a role for that. However, we also believe sometimes to teach advanced concepts, you need to go to the true professionals. We have presentations by WaveCloud (experts on e-books), Moz (THE social media experts in the country), Mobile Marketing Studio, and local social media company Room 214.
4. You can network to your heart’s content. One cool aspect about this conference is that it is composed of a mix of bloggers, fitness instructors, and fitness industry professionals. Bloggers can make contacts that will help them with their blogs. Fitness instructors will learn from others about improving their online marketing. Industry folks will meet bloggers who are key influencers. We know this is not just a blogger conference – we think it is so much more.
5. You stay active at this conference. We will have sessions on teaching Yoga by the experts at YogaFit. We’ll use the cutting-edge Technogym equipment at the modern Anschutz Center gym. We’ll have zumba and other fitness classes each morning and afternoon. And we even have an optional hike into the Flatiron Mountains above Boulder.
6. The conference takes place in Colorado! For those of you not living locally, what better place to hold a fitness conference? Colorado is considered the fittest state in the country and Boulder is one of the fittest cities in Colorado. You will love it!